We are a specialized manufacturer, stockist and supplier of A335 P5 alloy steel pipes in Kenya. P5 alloy steel pipes contain 5% chromium and 0.5% molybdenum, and offer minimum tensile strength of 415 MPa and yield strength of 205 MPa. The available data suggests that the 5Cr-0.5Mo steel pipes or P5 grade alloy pipes have excellent fabrication properties and adequate long term strength, making it a suitable choice for use in high temperature erosive refinery service applications.
A335 P5 alloy steel pipes are used for manufacturing boilers and heat exchangers, and are generally suitable for bending, flanging, and similar forming operations, and for fusion welding.
With a collective experience of over 30 years, we have emerged as one of the largest just in time exporter of P5 alloy steel pipes to Kenya. ASTM A335 P5 alloy steel pipes are used in conjunction with ASTM A234 WP5 buttweld fittings, A234 WP5 elbow, A234 WP5 Tee, A234 WP5 reducer, A234 WP5 180 Degree U bends, and A182 F5 forged fittings and flanges. All these materials have similar chemical (Chrome, Moly, Nickel) and mechanical properties and can be easily welded and installed on site.
We are devoted to provide the best solutions for our customers in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru, Eldoret, Kitale and Lamu the biggest industrial and commercial cities of Kenya. We have manufacturing set up, sales and export offices in both India and China to meet the immediate and long term alloy steel pipe requirements across Kenya. We aim at offering high quality but competitive price chrome moly P5 pipes for our global customers.
Professional Manufacturer of Alloy Steel SA335 P5 Pipes and Tubes, P5 U-Tubes, 5Cr-0.5Mo Steel Pipes and Tubes
- Welded Alloy Steel Pipe, Size Range: 1/8″ to 48″
- Seamless Alloy Steel Pipes, Size Range: 1/8″ to 48″
- Thickness – SCH 20, 30, 40, STD, XH, 80, 100, 120, 140, 160, XXH, WT is 2.11mm – 40mm
- Additional Services: Fusion Bond Epoxy, Galvanizing, 3LPE, Tar Epoxy
|Product||P5/5Cr-0.5Mo Alloy Steel Seamless Pipes|
|Specification||ASTM A335, ASME SA335|
|Size||2″ to 48″|
|Thickness||2.11 mm to 160 mm|
|Type||Seamless, Hot Rolled, Cold Drawn|
|Test Certificates||EN 10204 3.1|
|Length||6 MTR, 12 MTR, Custom|
Equivalent Grades & Applications for P5 Alloy Steel Pipes or 5Cr-0.5Mo Steel Pipes
|Material Group||Common Name||Type||UNS||Forging Spec.||Casting Spec. Equivalent||DIN||DIN W. No||Application|
|Low Alloy Steel||Moly Steel||C-1/2Mo||K12822||A182-F1 cl2||A217-WC1||15M03||1.5415||Up to 470ºC* (875ºF)|
|Alloy Steel Chrome Moly||1.1/4Cr-1/2Mo||K11572||A182-F11 cl2||A217-WC6||13CRM044||1.7335||Up to 593ºC (1100ºF)|
|2.1/4Cr-1Mo||K21590||A182-F22 cl3||A217-WC9||10CRM0910||1.738||Up to 593ºC (1100ºF), High Pressure Steam|
|5Cr-1/2Mo||K41545||A182-F5/F5a||A217-C5||12CRMO195||1.7362||High Temperature Refinery Service|
|9Cr-1Mo||K90941||A182-F9||A217-C12||X 12 CrMo 9 1||1.7386||High Temp Erosive Refinery Service|
|9Cr-1Mo-V||A182-F91||A217-C12A||X 10 CrMoVNb 9 1||1.4903||High Pressure Steam|
- The pipelines in the refineries are manufactured from chrome-molybdenum 5%Cr-0.5%Mo alloy steel pipes, also known as A335 P5 Gr. pipes. We are a specialist supplier of 5Cr-0.5Mo steel tubes for boilers and heat exchangers to various refineries in Middle East, Africa and Eastern Europe.
- Non-heat-treated 5%Cr-0.5%Mo steel welded connections are not acceptable for service due to their excessive hardness and brittleness.
- ASTM A335 P5 Pipe (ASME S/A335, Chorme-Moly) is a seamless ferritic Alloy-Steel Pipe for high temperature service.
ASTM A335 is a standard specification for seamless ferritic alloy-steel pipe for high-temperature service. The specification generally covers “chrome-moly” seamless pipes with remarkable resistance to corrosion and good tensile strength at high-temperature service. The testing requirements for these pipes include the following:
- Transverse/longitudinal: tension and flattening, hardness, bend tests- for material which has been heat-treated in batch furnaces, these tests shall be made on the 5% of the pipes from each heat lot number. For smaller lots, one pipe at a minimum has to be tested
- ASTM A335 Gr. P91 shall have a hardness of 250 HB / 265 HV (25 HRC)
- Hydro testing: shall be applied to every length of pipe
- The non-destructive electric test is optional
Equivalents of Alloy Steel Pipes Under DIN, ASTM and EN
|1.5415||16Mo3||A335 Grade P1|
|1.7335||13CrMo4-5||A335 Grade P11, P12|
|1.738||10CrMo9-10||A335 Grade P22|
|1.7362||X11CrMo5||A335 Grade P5|
|A335 Grade P9|
|1.4903||X10CrMoVNb9-1||A335 Grade P91|
Chemical Composition of Alloy Steel Chrome Moly Pipes – ASTM A335 P5, P9, P11, P22, and P91
|V 0.18-0.25||N 0.03-0.07||Ni 0.40 max||Al 0.02 max||Cb 0.06-0.10||Ti 0.01 max||Zr 0.01 max|
Mechanical Properties of Alloy Steel Chrome Moly Pipes – ASTM A335 P5, P9, P11, P22, and P91
|Grade P11, P22, P5, P9||Grade P91|
|Tensile strength, min, psi, (MPa)||60,000 (415)||85,000 (585)|
|Yield strength, min, (MPa)||30.000 (205)||60,000 (415)|