|Product || |
Electropolished Stainless Steel Pipe
|What is a Electropolished Stainless Steel Pipe? || |
A electropolished stainless steel pipe is manufactured with advance techniques using high quality material as per the industry norms. Electropolishing is also commonly known as electrochemical polishing or electrolytic polishing. In eletropolished tubing and piping, the smoothness of the surfaces of those components is often important, particularly the interior surfaces that contact the process fluids in the process systems.
|What is the Difference Between Pipe and Tube? || |
The terms pipes and tubes are often used interchangeably, but there are quite a few differences between pipe and tube:
1. Pipes are generally measured by the inside diameter, often called the “nominal” diameter ( ASME/ANSI B 36.10 Welded and Seamless Wrought Steel Pipe), and a “schedule”, which refers to the wall thickness. Where as tube measurements are always done by outside diameters and wall thickness. The thickness of a tubes is often specified as gauge (18 SWG, 16 SWG etc.)
2. Pipes are generally used for process pipe lines for movement of fluids, gases, or air, whereas tubes are used for heat exchanger & fired heater & in instrument connection.
3. Up to 12” NPS pipe outside diameter of the pipe is more than 12” and above 12”, it is same as pipe size. Whereas for the tube outside diameter is always equal to the size of the tube.
4. Pipes are generally available in sizes from 1/8" to 80", but tubes are generally considered for high pressure applications and are smaller in sizes, may be upto 8".
|What is the Difference Between Welded & Seamless Pipe? || |
Stainless steel pipes are available in a wide range of sizes, materials, lengths, and origins. Before purchasing and designing for a piping system, one of the key factors that must be considered is the type of pipe : Seamless or Welded.
1. Manufacturing Process : Seamless steel pipe is manufactured by the round steel billet, through hot rolling, cold rolling or cold drawn processes, no seam on the pipe body. Welded steel pipe is manufactured by flat steel strip, with welding seam on the pipe body. Welded pipes include ERW pipe, LSAW pipe, and SSAW pipe.
2. Price : Welded steel pipes are typically much cheaper than seamless pipes and tubes.
3. Pressure Rating : Although there is no clear evidence regarding the difference in pressure rating, but generally seamless pipes are considered to be more suitable for high pressure applications.
4. Thin Wall thickness: It is generally suitable and economical to produce thin walled welded pipes as compared to seamless pipes. Large diameter seamless pipes, cannot be produced with thin wall thickness, but welded pipes can be produced with light wall thickness.
5. Thick Wall thickness: It is preferred to have high wall thickness pipes in seamless type, especially in case of smaller sizes. It is generally not feasible to produce welded pipes in smaller sizes with high wall thickness.
|Austenite Stainless Steel Pipe Grades || |
304/304L, 316/316L, 304H, 304LN, 316Ti, 310S, 904L, 317L, 321/321H, 347/347H
|Martensite Stainless Steel Pipes Grades || |
|Duplex Stainless Steel Pipes Grades || |
S31803, S32205, S32750, Duplex 2205, Super Duplex 2507
|Size || |
6.00 mm OD up to 914.4 mm OD, Sizes up to 24” NB available Ex-stock, OD Size Steel Tubes Available
8*8-600*600 (Square Tube), 10*20-200*600 (Rectangular Tube)
|Thickness Range || |
1mm – 2 mm, SCH 5, SCH10, SCH 40, SCH 80, SCH 80S, SCH 160, SCH XXS, SCH XS
|Length || |
Single Random, Double Random & Required Length End: Plain End, Beveled End, Threaded
|Production Capacity || |
|Types || |
Seamless, ERW, Welded, 100% X-Ray Welded or Fabricated, Cold Drawn, Hot Finished
|Forms of Pipes || |
Round Pipes/Tubes, Square Pipes/Tubes, Rectangular Pipe/Tubes, Coiled Tubes, “U” Shape, Pan Cake Coils, Hydraulic Tubes
|End Protection || |
Plastic End Caps
|FOB Prices || |
Stainless Steel 304/304L = US$2600 to US$3900/ Metric Ton
Stainless Steel 316/316L = US$3600 to US$4600/ Metric Ton
|Surface Finish || |
Annealed Pickled, 2B, No.4, No.1, No.8 Mirror Finish, As per Customer Requirements
|Delivery Condition || |
Annealed and Pickled, Polished, Bright Annealed, Cold Drawn
|Main Testing and Procedure || |
1. Heat Treatment and Solution Annealing / Bright Annealing
2. Cutting to required length and debarring
3. Chemical Composition Analysis Test With 100% PMI and One tube from each heat by Direct Reading Spectrometer
4. Visual Test and Endoscope Test for Surface Quality Test
5. 100% Hydrostatic Test and 100% Eddy Current Test
6. Ultrasonic Test subject to the MPS (Material Purchase Specification)
7. Mechanical Tests includes Tension Test, Flattening Test, Flaring Test, Hardness Test
8. Impact Test subject to Standard request
9. Grain Size Test and Inter granular Corrosion Test
10. Ultrasonic measuring of Wall Thickness
|Inspection & Testing || |
Mill Test Certificates, EN 10204 3.1, Chemical Reports, Mechanical Reports, PMI Test Reports, Visual Inspection Reports, Third Party Inspection Reports, NABL Approved Lab Reports, Destructive Test Report, Non Destructive Test Reports
|Packing || |
Packed in Wooden Boxes, Plastic Bags, Steel Strips Bundled, or as per Customers Requests
|Special Sizes || |
Sizes and Specifications other than above can be manufactured on request
|Marking || |
Nominal Pipe Size (Nominal Bore)
Schedule (Wall Thickness)
Method of Manufacture (Seamless or Welded)
Manufacturer’s Name or Symbol – Optional
Example – ASTM A 312 Pipe 304 12" NB SCH 40S SMLS HEAT NO. XXX
|Applications || |
Heat Exchanger, Boiler, Evaporators, Condensers ,Food & Dairy, Sugar, Juice, Engineering, Pressure Vessels, Oil &Gas Industry, Power Plant, Chemical, Paper & Pulp, Refineries, Water Treatment etc.
|Delivery Time || |
5-30 Days. Generally the delivery time for goods in stock is 2-7 days, while for mass production, the delivery time would be around 20-40 Days.
|Payment Terms || |
|Standards || |
ASTM A312 – Specification for Seamless and Welded Austenitic Stainless Steel Pipes
ASTM A268 – Standard Speciﬁcation for Seamless and Welded Ferritic and Martensitic Stainless Steel Tubing for General Service
ASTM A269 – Speciﬁcation for Seamless and Welded Austenitic Stainless Steel Tubing for General Service
ASTM A270 – Standard Speciﬁcation for Seamless and Welded Austenitic and Ferritic / Austenitic Stainless Steel Sanitary Tubing
ASTM A554 – Specification for Welded Stainless Steel Mechanical Tubing
ASTM A688 – Standard Speciﬁcation for Welded Austenitic Stainless Steel Feedwater HeaterTubes
ASTM A789 – Seamless and Welded Ferritic/Austenitic Stainless Steel Tubing for General Service
ASTM A790 – Seamless and Welded Ferritic/Austenitic Stainless Steel Pipe
ASTM A213 – Specification for Seamless Ferric and Austenitic Alloy-Steel Boiler, Su[perheater, and Heat-Exchanger Tubes
ASTM A 511 – Specification for Seamless Stainless Steel Mechanical Tubing
ASTM A999 – Specification for General Requirements for alloy and Stainles Steel Pipe
DIN 17456 – Seamless circular austenitic stainless steel tubes for general service
DIN 17458 Seamless circular austenitic stainless steel tubes subject to special requirement
DIN 17459 – Seamless circular high-temperature austenitic stainless steel tubes
DIN EN ISO 1127 Seamless stainless steel tubes
EN 10216-5 – Seamless Stainless Steel Tube
GOST 9940 – Seamless stainless steel tubes, hot finished
GOST 9941-81 – Seamless stainless steel tubes, cold and hot finished