We are a specialized manufacturer, stockist and supplier of A335 P9 alloy steel pipes in Tanzania. P9 alloy steel pipes contain 9% chromium and 1% molybdenum, and offer minimum tensile strength of 415 MPa and yield strength of 205 MPa. The available data suggests that the 9Cr-1Mo steel pipes or P9 grade alloy pipes have excellent fabrication properties and adequate long term strength, making it a suitable choice for use in high temperature erosive refinery service applications. An equivalent material to A335 Gr. P9 or ASTM A387 grade 9 alloy steel includes DIN 1.7386 and X12 CrMo 9 1.
P9 alloy steel pipes are used for manufacturing boilers and heat exchangers, and are generally suitable for bending, flanging, and similar forming operations, and for fusion welding.
With a collective experience of over 30 years, we have emerged as one of the largest just in time exporter of P9 alloy steel pipes to Tanzania. ASTM A335 P9 alloy steel pipes are used in conjunction with ASTM A234 WP9 buttweld fittings, A234 WP9 elbow, A234 WP9 Tee, A234 WP9 reducer, A234 WP9 180 Degree U bends, and A182 F9 forged fittings and flanges. All these materials have similar chemical (Chrome, Moly, Nickel) and mechanical properties and can be easily welded and installed on site.
We are devoted to provide the best solutions for our customers in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza, Arusha, Mbeya, Dodoma, Morogoro, Tanga, Kahama, Tabora and Zanzibar City, the biggest industrial and commercial cities of Tanzania. We have manufacturing set up, sales and export offices in both India and China to meet the immediate and long term alloy steel pipe requirements across Tanzania. We aim at offering high quality but competitive price chrome moly P9 pipes for our global customers.
Professional Manufacturer of Alloy Steel P9 Pipes and Tubes, P9 U-Tubes, 9Cr-1Mo Steel Pipes and Tubes
- Welded Alloy Steel Pipe, Size Range: 1/8″ to 48″
- Seamless Alloy Steel Pipes, Size Range: 1/8″ to 48″
- Thickness – SCH 20, 30, 40, STD, XH, 80, 100, 120, 140, 160, XXH, WT is 2.11mm – 40mm
- Additional Services: Fusion Bond Epoxy, Galvanizing, 3LPE, Tar Epoxy
|Product||P9/9Cr-1Mo Alloy Steel Seamless Pipes|
|Specification||ASTM A335, ASME SA335|
|Size||2″ to 48″|
|Thickness||2.11 mm to 160 mm|
|Type||Seamless, Hot Rolled, Cold Drawn|
|Test Certificates||EN 10204 3.1|
|Length||6 MTR, 12 MTR, Custom|
Equivalent Grades & Applications for P9 Alloy Steel Pipes or 9Cr-1Mo Steel Pipes
|Material Group||Common Name||Type||UNS||Forging Spec.||Casting Spec. Equivalent||DIN||DIN W. No||Application|
|Low Alloy Steel||Moly Steel||C-1/2Mo||K12822||A182-F1 cl2||A217-WC1||15M03||1.5415||Up to 470ºC* (875ºF)|
|Alloy Steel Chrome Moly||1.1/4Cr-1/2Mo||K11572||A182-F11 cl2||A217-WC6||13CRM044||1.7335||Up to 593ºC (1100ºF)|
|2.1/4Cr-1Mo||K21590||A182-F22 cl3||A217-WC9||10CRM0910||1.738||Up to 593ºC (1100ºF), High Pressure Steam|
|5Cr-1/2Mo||K41545||A182-F5/F5a||A217-C5||12CRMO195||1.7362||High Temperature Refinery Service|
|9Cr-1Mo||K90941||A182-F9||A217-C12||X 12 CrMo 9 1||1.7386||High Temp Erosive Refinery Service|
|9Cr-1Mo-V||A182-F91||A217-C12A||X 10 CrMoVNb 9 1||1.4903||High Pressure Steam|
Effect of Alloy Elements on P9 Alloy Steel Pipes
- Compared with the traditional petroleum cracking used seamless steel pipe, such as low alloy steel P11, P22, P5, the chemical composition of 9CrlMo (P9) has a higher content of Cr which reach an average content of 9% and the content of Mo element in an average of 1.0%.
- The content of chromium has a benefit of improving the material high temperature oxidation corrosion resistance and high temperature strength.
- The content of moly is to enhance the recrystallization temperature of solution matrix and enhance the high temperature strength, which has a benefit to improve the heat resistant strength of steel.
- The content of C (carbon) is less than 0.15%, which is beneficial to welding. And other elements, the content of manganese (Mn) is 0.30-0.60%, which is used for deoxygenation and desulfurization, it’s helpful to improve the quality of steel.
- The content of Si (silicon) is 0.25-1.0% which has high deoxidization ability, at the same time heat resistant steel containing silicon will form a dense and good protective oxide film under the high temperature to improve steel oxidation resistance.
- Low contents of S and P, especially low S content, are helpful to enhance hydrogen sulfide stress corrosion resistance.
- Therefore, 9CrlMo(p9) compared with traditional petrochemical steel has better resistances to high temperature oxidation, hydrogen sulfide stress corrosion and has advantages of high temperature resistance strength and so on, can be used for large petrochemical equipment.
ASTM A335 is a standard specification for seamless ferritic alloy-steel pipe for high-temperature service. The specification generally covers “chrome-moly” seamless pipes with remarkable resistance to corrosion and good tensile strength at high-temperature service. The testing requirements for these pipes include the following:
- Transverse/longitudinal: tension and flattening, hardness, bend tests- for material which has been heat-treated in batch furnaces, these tests shall be made on the 5% of the pipes from each heat lot number. For smaller lots, one pipe at a minimum has to be tested
- ASTM A335 Gr. P91 shall have a hardness of 250 HB / 265 HV (25 HRC)
- Hydro testing: shall be applied to every length of pipe
- The non-destructive electric test is optional
Equivalents of Alloy Steel Pipes Under DIN, ASTM and EN
|1.5415||16Mo3||A335 Grade P1|
|1.7335||13CrMo4-5||A335 Grade P11, P12|
|1.738||10CrMo9-10||A335 Grade P22|
|1.7362||X11CrMo5||A335 Grade P5|
|A335 Grade P9|
|1.4903||X10CrMoVNb9-1||A335 Grade P91|
Chemical Composition of Alloy Steel Chrome Moly Pipes – ASTM A335 P5, P9, P11, P22, and P91
|V 0.18-0.25||N 0.03-0.07||Ni 0.40 max||Al 0.02 max||Cb 0.06-0.10||Ti 0.01 max||Zr 0.01 max|
Mechanical Properties of Alloy Steel Chrome Moly Pipes – ASTM A335 P5, P9, P11, P22, and P91
|Grade P11, P22, P5, P9||Grade P91|
|Tensile strength, min, psi, (MPa)||60,000 (415)||85,000 (585)|
|Yield strength, min, (MPa)||30.000 (205)||60,000 (415)|